Monday, March 02, 2009

library love


(Photo credit: SomewhereinAK)

Before the Internet made things more accessible by a simple click download, getting good music took a little more savvy. One of the best places to go is the library. We all know that it's the place for books and reading, but I had no idea there was a media section when I was a kid. It blew my mind and I would constantly check out my limit of 5 cds. Near the library exit, there was a discard bin with free magazines and books. Years later as I got into vinyl, it dawned on me that the discard bin was an old wooden record shelf. When the Internet really took off, I kind of abandoned digging through the library cd collection. I still check out books and dvds, and will occasionally read some magazines when I have a couple free hours. It's still a great place to visit, and easily one of my favorite places in Anchorage or any city.

No comments: