Monday, March 23, 2009

Wild Is The Wind

I finished watching Steven Soderberg's CHE (Parts 1 & 2) at the Bear Tooth, which is a second-run theater/restaurant. The charm to this Anchorage establishment is that you can order REAL food, and it will be delivered to you while the film plays. If you're +21, then you order beer/wine on the first floor. If not, no worries, since you can enjoy the film on the balcony. I kind of prefer the view from the top because it reminds me of watching films on the military base growing up in Hawaii.

The Bear Tooth used to have a better art house selection years ago, but I could only assume management realized that profits were better off by showing more "Hollywood" films. I'm still amazed that people will show up and not know what is playing. All they want to do is eat, drink, and zone out to whatever is on the big screen.

aNWAYs,
Nina Simone's version of "Wild Is The Wind" is a perfect selection for the trailer to Revolutionary Road. It's very haunting, but fits so well. I tried a video search for an actual Nina Simone performance of this song, but no-go, instead I found a pretty cool black and white video of David Bowie tackling "Wild is the Wind."



No comments: