Monday, February 23, 2009

Too Legit Too Quit



As a kid, my family would visit our grandparents in the Bay Area whenever we had a chance. I remember many shenanigans with my cousins and little brother (My youngest brother was still a baby). They were good times, and I wish I could visit more often, but that's part of growing up. Hammer was mega huge back then, and I'm not gonna front and say I didn't like him. It's quite the opposite. I thought his stuff was entertaining and I always did like him more than Vanilla Ice. I still have Bay love, despite spending most of my life outside of my birthplace; Hayward, CA.

Hammer has been steadily making a come back and has a decent amount of people following him on twitter. I'm not sure if he or anyone could make it to the level he did in the early 90's, but I like seeing good people do their thing. One of his twitter posts today makes me wish I was little more focused and humble.

Hammer's Top 5 things to do today :
1.Gym
2.production meetings
3.Dancejam
4.rehearsals.
5.Be grateful and appreciative to be among the living

My today list looks like this;
1. Work on dad's resume
2. Continue reading Hitman by Bret Hart
3. Watch rented dvd
4. Sleep
5. ?

But I wish it was a little more like;
1. Gym
2. Listen to vinyl
3. Drink coffee and read
4. Have dinner with friends (or better, cook dinner for friends)
5. Bike to work

Also, if you would like to follow me on twitter, then holler at me here; http://twitter.com/ntorquiano

No comments: