Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Avett Brothers - The Perfect Space

I wanna have friends that I can trust,
that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was.
I wanna have friends that will let me be
all alone when being alone is all that I need.
I wanna fit in to the perfect space,
feel natural and safe in a volatile place.
And I wanna grow old without the pain,
give my body back to the earth and not complain.
Will you understand when I am too old of a man?
And will you forget when we have paid our debt
who did we borrow from?


The first half of the song is perfect. I really love (and dare I say..yes..identify with) the lyrics. But that's only the first half of the song. For whatever reason, the second half ramps up the tempo for 30 seconds. Could have been perfect without part 2, imo.

No comments: