Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer Jam

This past weekend, some friends and I drove out to Homer, Alaska to attend a wedding. Good times and loads of fun. On the drive back, we heard an NPR story about potential summerjams of 2009. They did acknowledge that Black Eye Peas' "I Gotta A Feeling" is the popular most infectious song of summer. They also pointed out that the death of MJ made Jackson return to the top of the charts, despite living in an era when no one really buys music anyway. The guest reviewer ended up picking Amerie's "Why RU" as her 2009 summer jam, even though the album won't be released until the fall.

As for my summer jam? I'm going with Crystal Fighters' "Xtatic Truth." The original song is my favorite version. The remixes are okay, but there's something truly unique about the og. The lyrics are about loneliness, but I can imagine groups of people chanting it in unison, and the sound has tons of energy, which makes the song my anthem for the summer.

Crystal Fighters 'Xtatic Truth' (Original Mix) from Crystal Fighters on Vimeo.

No comments: