Saturday, November 10, 2007

Back sort of...

I haven't killed the Push Play blog yet because it has some of my favorite links on one site where I can access anywhere. Plus, I may try some things like a podcast or uncensored version of Push Play. I'll keep you updated.


IN THE MIX:
Mickey Factz - Heaven's Fallout: I believe the term people are throwing around is "hopster," but don't be fooled and be your own judge by downloading it here.

Tittsworth went on an Australian tour and made a mix(right-click save as) for Opulent magazine.

Discobelle gets some of the best movers and shakers of the DJ scene to mix it up for them. Dave Nada throws down a half-hour of solid cuts that would slay dance floors.

PROPER RELEASES:
Hot 8 Brass Band - Rock with the Hot 8: C'mon! A Brass band cover of "Sexual Healing." What else do you need to know?

Kenna - Make Sure They See My Face: If I made music, then I wish I could be like Kenna. You can hear so many influences, but it's fused into a distinct voice that I really dig.

Chromatics - IV: I know I've already proclaimed my single of the year, but when I heard "Running Up the Hill" I nearly reconsidered. It's a song that would work in any setting. The rest of the album is in the same vein of italo-disco. Minimal, Steady pace, and at times haunting.

My singles of the year are something like this:

1. Soulsavers - Revival
2. Chromatics - Running Up the Hill
3. M.I.A. - Paper Planes
4. TV on the Radio - I Was a Lover
5. Justice - D.A.N.C.E.

No comments: